I am a native German speaker.
My areas of expertise are: Law, Economics, Social Sciences, Politics and History
All interpretation is done by me personally. I offer
- Simultaneous interpretation: Interpretation, in some settings in a low voice (whisper interpretation), while another person is speaking;
- Consecutive and liaison interpretation: A person speaks and makes a break after a couple of sentences for the interpreter to interpret; in the case of liaison interpretation the breaks are more frequent and the sentences shorter, so the interpreter does not to have to take notes;
- Escort/travel interpretation: Involves accompanying the client to different locations, e.g. to factories, government and business offices, banks, trade fairs, talks, meetings, receptions, social events, on sightseeing, etc.;
- Judicial or court interpretation: When I interpret at judicial courts, tribunals and public notaries I take an oath before interpreting.
As a practicing Rechtsanwalt (German solicitor) in Hanover/Germany (https://kanzlei-boettger.de) I give advice in German, English and Spanish.
English and Spanish legal terminology and the life and cultures are familiar to me as I worked as a legal trainee in Melbourne (Australia) and Madrid (Spain) and worked as well in a translation agency in Barcelona (Spain). I have clients from various English- and Spanish-speaking countries.
As a Rechtsanwalt I mainly practice:
- Civil Law
- Real Estate Law
- Apartment Ownership Law
- Public Law/Administrative Law (especially Zoning, Planning, Building and Law on the Protection of Monuments)
- Legal and Commercial Ties with Spain and Latin America
You haven't found your area of interest or language combination?
I will do my best to recommend a qualified colleague to you.